Looking for Rainbows
Looking for Rainbows.........
Sometimes even in the middle of our challenges, there can be rainbows even in the middle. A week ago he had a family trip planned to take our daughter for a few College tours, it, was a miracle to have the trip come Together.... But then slipped through our grasp as the weather in other areas affected our layovers and flights, causing them to get canceled. That day we felt so hopeful as we packed for our trip and the possibility of seeing the Collages of her interest on our trip... We felt excitement for a break from our regular routine, and a chance to breathe a chance to rejuvenate... We waited as updates came through about our flights and trip getting canceled, it had rained all day, but we kept going forward with our plans of packing and hoping the outcome would be different for our trip
As I looked out the window I saw, a rainbow I ran outside not wanting to miss it... Just as I got there my hubby called and said Jenae go outside and see the rainbow....
It was beautiful and bright, so vibrant in color so beautiful and full of hope, then as I watched it went from one rainbow to a double rainbow, both full of color
I stood there in awe thinking I should be sad as right as I watched in wonder, as our flights, were being canceled... I thought God knew I needed a rainbow.
That reminder of that rainbow kept me going in the week as we battled the emotions of disappointment and discouragement of our trip not going through... We had to change our plans we had to recreate a new plan...
Sometimes we find ourselves wondering why things didn't work out, why everything seemed, good but didn't work out, when this happens you have to pause to remember we can't always see the big picture. Sometimes all we can do is focus on the today or a new vision for today and how we can be ok even when things don't go as we had hoped...
We tried to fill the week with other activities to make it through our disappointment, we laughed, we cried, we celebrated my daughter's 18th Birthday, we had a zoom Oreo party with grandparents as we couldn't see them in person, we went to a play and loved it we tried our best to find new encouragement in other opportunities around us and embraced where we were.... It was definitely a, week of mixed emotions for us all and the grandparents, we were, supposed to be visiting on our trip.....It was a, reminder Sometimes life doesn't go as planned and..... And we have to adjust our sail....
And sometimes even in the middle of new plans or hopes, we might at times still find ourselves sad for the things, we didn't get to do... It's ok to feel sad for missed opportunities, and time Together, and a heavy heart even... As we look around and we find another moment to breathe to feel, to love to work past disappointments and we can see everything will be ok....
I believe even as our plans change at times, we can recenter our focus and attitudes to still find joy in the new plans or activities created.... For me this week it was a 40 min walk with most of our kids to enjoy the day to feel the much-needed sunshine, to feel the breeze, and holding my youngest daughter's hand as she skipped up the path taking photos ... Oh how these little moments to breath and reconnect are so needed...
As the week went on I found joy in the sky, as other opportunities took place instead of our trip like my hubby flying again, for his military assignment after health things that made it so he couldn't fly for months... Again I saw a rainbow in the sky made up of clouds in the sky again I took it in...
Maybe it hadn't been the week we had planned with our trip getting canceled but maybe in the center, we had still found time to breathe, refresh and see God's hand in reminding us everything will work out and be ok...
I have tried to find my footing again after the disappointment of not going on our trip and to see, in each new day the hope for more opportunities and blessings ahead. As I looked out on the lake by our house, which brings beauty each day with the beautiful sunrises and sunsets, that reflect off the lake, and ducks swimming nearby, I saw the fountain in the center they turn on part of the year that brings its own beauty to the lake.... And then smiled knowing it would also bring days of rainbows, you can spot in the fountain mist, and I felt joy for all the rainbows we get to see now that the fountain was on again for a time... As I looked I found the rainbows again......
I thought of my daughter saying mom look at the Rainbows as we always look for them in the water each day, another reminder they are there we will see them as we look....
As we look we can see the rainbows... But sometimes this means realizing things might not always go as we had planned but, will be ok, as we go forward in hopes of seeing the best of things....
May we pause to see the rainbows around us, may we remember they are there, we just have to look, may we cherish the moments even simple at times to feel and to love and to hope and to keep hoping, keep Believing and keep Trusting... It will all be ok...
Trust in God's timing...Trust he is creating something beautiful even on the hard days, Trust that we can be lifted even through the storms and see and feel his love, in seeing the rainbows in our own journey.... They are small miracles in our day... they are there, they are real, and they can be beautiful even after the storms... Look up, Look around, look within, God is working a miracle on your heart, have faith have hope.... Keep believing.....
-Joyfully Jenae
Quote "After the Rainstorms come the Rainbows"...... don't give up, keep waiting for the rainbows to come......


Comments
Post a Comment